The 7 Key Commitments are principles which Members of Happy to Translate agree to incorporate into their business.
A Happy to Translate organisation will…
- Promote equal access to information and services for all people and communities by helping them to overcome language and communication barriers.
- Implement and maintain a high standard of customer service to improve access to information and services.
- Provide professional language and communication support to service users according to the Happy to Translate best practice guidance.
- Establish and maintain staff training and support on the use of Happy to Translate.
- Actively display and promote the Happy to Translate logo to the communities it serves and according to the Logo Design Guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate the use of Happy to Translate and actively share and implement ideas for improvement.
- When possible, participate in a joined-up approach with other organisations to promote language and communication support.
All Happy to Translate member organisations are committed to upholding the Key Commitments.